This follows the announcement of the issuing of the writs today by Minister for Inter-Government Relations, Kevin Isifu.
The Minister also announced the confirmed dates for the Motu-Koita LLG Elections.
Minister Isifu signed off a total of 17 election writs today signifying the start of the election process for the Motu-Koita Assembly.
The Minister today issued:
- 14 Writs for Council seats for the Motu Koitabuan Villages within NCD;
- Two writs for women representatives’ seats, and;
- One writ for the chairman’s seat.
Regarding the Government’s decision to postpone the LLG elections for the rest of the country to 2019.
The Minister said the Motu-Koita Assembly is established under the Motu Koita Act and thus, it has been decided their elections will go ahead.
Meanwhile, the confirmed dates for the MKA Elections are as follows:
- Issue of Writs – Thursday 30th August
- Nominations – Open at 4 pm on Thursday 30th August and Closes 4pm Wednesday 6th September
- Polling Start – Saturday 29th September
- Polling Ends – Friday 5th October
- Return of Writs – Friday 20th October
Days for each stage of the elections are as follows:
- Nomination period – 7 Days (30/08/18 – 06/09/18)
- Campaign Period – 29 Days (30/08/18 – 28/09/18)
- Polling Period – 7 Days (29/09/18 – 13/10/18)
- Counting Period – 21 Days (14/10/18 – 20/10/18)
- Return of Writs (20/10/18)
Minister Isifu has appealed to the people of Motu Koitabu to take ownership of the election and elect representatives in a peaceful and democratic manner.
(Minister Kevin Isifu filepic)