This was revealed during a meet between the administration of all secondary level institutions in the province, the provincial administrator and education council, on Friday.
Chairman of the Provincial Education Council, Cosmas Bauk, told the principals: “Don’t resume until the culprits are apprehended.
“Only a minority are jeopardising the entire student body’s education.
“Blacklist those students!”
The chairman was concerned that ill-discipline, when left unchecked, had turned into a big problem, especially when a zero-tolerance policy on ill-discipline had already been implemented in schools.
“Slackness in monitoring such behaviour has resulted in this situation,” he told the school heads.
“Charge principals, if need be.”
Friday’s meeting was held to discuss strategies to put an end to the recent spate in students’ clashes.
Provincial police commander, Joseph Tabali, revealed to Loop PNG that three different school fights occurred within the space of three weeks.
The most recent happened between Kokopo Secondary School and Woolnough Vocational Centre last Thursday (March 23) at Kokopo. Tabali said the clash allegedly stemmed from a Facebook post.
(Kokopo Secondary School. Picture: Class for Everyone)