In support of such, APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) PNG and ABAC Chinese Taipei are organising the first-ever Digital Innovation Forum – a two-day convening of cross-sector leaders from government, business and tech on July 19-20 in Taipei.
The event will bring together business, government, technology, academia and other influencers for conversations about transparency, openness and the free flow of information.
The Forum will also stimulate creativity, address the challenges caused by digitalization and explore new opportunities.
Panels and keynote speakers at the Digital Innovation Forum will address three key themes:
- Disruption: The impact of digitalization;
- Opportunities: Resolving the barriers to advancing technology; and
- Transformation: Restructuring economic models and envisioning the future of social digitalization
Featured speakers and panellists include:
1. Anima Anandkumar, Principal Scientist, Amazon Web Services;
2. Geoffrey Prentice, Co-Founder, Skype;
3. George Chen, Head of Public Policy, Facebook Hong Kong and Taipei;
4. Matthew Reisman, Director of International Trade Policy, Microsoft;
5. Phil Libin, Former CEO, Evernote;
6. Todd Benson, Corporate Lawyer, General Counsel, UPS; and
7. Toomas Hendrik Ilves, Former President, Estonia
The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is the premier trade-related organisation for public and private sector engagement in the fastest-growing region in the world.
APEC’s 21 members together represent more than 2.5 billion consumers and around 60 percent of global income.
APEC 2018 will be hosted in Port Moresby.
The APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) is APEC’s private sector arm and advises APEC Economic Leaders and other APEC partners on issues of interest to business.
Papua New Guinea is serving as the host economy of APEC 2018.
This year’s efforts are focused on the theme of “Digitization and Innovation - Advancing Social Harmony” – building ways to maintain the economic vitality of the Asia-Pacific region and ensure it benefits all.