Sexual assault

PPL boss charged with sexual assault

Dr. Booker, 47 years old from England had allegedly sexually assaulted his 31-year-old female co-worker. The alleged incident was said to have taken place on May 17, 2024, at the accused place of residence in Port Moresby.

PMGH Offers Support for Victims of Sexual Assault

Individuals who have experienced sexual assault are encouraged to present themselves at Ward 9 or the Family Support Centre within the hospital.

A dedicated team of doctors and social workers are available 24/7 to extend care, encompassing treatment for sexually transmitted infections.

Time sensitivity is emphasized, as presenting within the initial days post-incident ensures the highest effectiveness of interventions, addressing not only infections but also preventing HIV transmission and unwanted pregnancy.

Media banned from reporting Tambua’s Case

Magistrate Peter Balos issued a media ban after concerns were raised by both the defendant and complainant’s counsels regarding the sensitivity of the case stating it is a ‘family matter’ and not a ‘public matter’.

Tambua’s counsel, Myron Ipape said the girls who are minors (aged 2 &12) and their mother are still under the protection of the defendant who is their father.

Young Female Killed After Sexual Assault

Her decomposed body was discovered by locals three days later and reported to police.

Madang Provincial Police Commander Acting Superintendent Mazuc Rubiang said according to the investigation team, the young woman, identified as Rachael Andrew, was allegedly kidnapped, sexually assaulted and then killed. Her body was left at the crime scene. Her assailants are known to police.

Former NRL player Tristan Sailor found not guilty of sexually assaulting woman

Tristan Sailor, 23, faced a NSW District Court trial in March after the woman said she could not remember having oral, vaginal and anal sex him in 2020.

After retiring to consider a verdict about 1pm on Thursday, jurors reached their unanimous decision after two hours and 20 minutes and delivered verdicts of not guilty to the two aggravated sexual assault charges Mr Sailor was hit with.

Jarryd Hayne jailed for five years nine months for sexual assault

A jury in March found Hayne guilty of two counts of aggravated sexual assault which the victim said left her feeling "dirty, scared and ashamed".

Hayne must serve a minimum of three years and eight months.

In handing down her sentence, District Court Judge Helen Syme said she found that Hayne was fully aware that the victim was not consenting and went ahead anyway.

"The reliability and honesty of the victim's evidence was tested at length and in my view, her reliability was not in doubt. She said no several times," Judge Syme said.

Bangladeshi charged with sexual assault

Between 1st of February to 30th of September 2019, then suspect, Howlader Ripol, allegedly continuously harassed two female (names withheld) employees while working for Somi Enterprise located within the Papuan Compound.

According to a statement obtained from the 19-year-old victim, she was harassed whilst performing her duties on numerous occasions.

Most times, police were told the suspect watches porn videos on his cellphone and tells the victim to watch with him but the female employee refuses when realising that the movies contain sexual contents.

R Kelly pleads not guilty to sexual assault

The new counts, unveiled last week in an indictment by a Cook County grand jury, involve alleged abuse of a victim between the ages of 13-16, according to documents posted on the Chicago Sun-Times' website.

The allegations centre on someone identified only as J.P., with no other details provided. The alleged crimes allegedly took place between May 2009 and January 2010.

Kelly, 52, could face up to 30 years in prison if convicted on the new charges.

Ellen DeGeneres opens up about sexual abuse

DeGeneres said the abuse took place when she was 15 or 16, after her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.

"He told me... he'd felt a lump in her breast and needed to feel my breasts," she told interviewer David Letterman.

DeGeneres first spoke about the abuse in 2005, but said she was now going into more detail "because I want other girls to not ever let someone do that".

Sexual assault of minors still a concern

The NCD metropolitan superintendent says plans are already in place for policing strategies for 2019.

Chief superintendent Perou N’Dranou says the Police Commissioner’s annual conference late last year has given them the mandate to enforce changes.

He highlighted that one of the concern areas for 2018 was the sexual assault of minors.

“We’ve been working on it,” he said. “We saw some improvements at the end of the year (2018) and we tend to work more on it.”