DPM executives sign contracts

Deputy Secretary Executive Resourcing Services, Vele Ravugamini, has been confirmed to his position after being in the acting capacity since 2018. He signed his contract for three years. 

Director Corporate Affairs & Capacity Building, Michael Moke, also signed his contract for three years while two senior officers, Elison Kalimet and Roselyn Rakuavia, have been elevated as Acting Deputy Secretaries respectively whilst the two positions will be re-advertised.  

Planning dept launches work plan

“We are happy that we have put together our key result areas going forward this year,” Samuel said at the launch of the plan which was attended by the entire DNPM staff and management.

He commended the senior management team and technical advisor, Roger Kara, for assisting the team to put together this important working document.

Legal partnership strengthened

This was sealed by Australian Attorney-General’s Department (AGD) Secretary Chris Moraitis and PNG Department of Justice and Attorney General (DJAG) Secretary, Dr Eric Kwa, signing a refreshed memorandum of understanding between their institutions on July 2nd.

The institutional partnership between AGD and DJAG was formalised in 2017 and builds on many years of Australian support. Through the partnership, AGD and DJAG have worked collaboratively to progress important legal reforms, build core legal skills and strengthen organisational governance.

Gr 12 selection set for December

The selection will be done instantly in real time through the National Online Selection System.

The National Online Application System and the National Online Selection System allowed 28,582 Grade 12 students to register to apply online.

Of this number, 90 percent have made their choices while the other 10 percent have until December 13th to list their preferred choices of tertiary institutions and programs.

Enrolment anticipated for new SHP university

Secretary Fr Jan Czuba said the university’s academic programs will be finalized in 2019.

The Southern Highlands university is expected to be a modern 21st century institution similar to those in the developed countries, with internationally accredited programs.

Professors will teach online from different parts of the world while tutors will be on ground.

Projected to be the biggest university in the country, it is estimated to enrol 6000 under-graduates and 4000 post graduates.

(Fr Jan Czuba filepic)

Babara Age appointed as DFAT Secretary

Prime Minister, Peter O’Neill, made the announcement recently saying Cabinet has recognized the wealth of experience, commitment and merit of Ms Age, both within the Department and in other regional agencies.

“The decision to appoint Ms Age as the DFAT Secretary was recently decided by the Ministerial Executive Appointments Committee and approved by Cabinet, given her occupying the position as the Acting Secretary since January.”

“Our government aims to promote gender equality in the public service and this is yet another instance of our objective,” O’Neill said.

Dedication service for public servants

Public servants from all departments and agencies, as well as the National Executive Council, will be attending the ceremony at the Sir Join Guise Stadium in Port Moresby.

In a statement, Community Development and Religion Department Secretary, Anna Solomon, said the Dedication Service will set the foundation for our country to successfully host the 2018 APEC with the wisdom and guidance from God. 

Scientific approach needed to deal with sorcery cases

Dr. Lawrence Kalinoe, Secretary, Department of Justice and General said this, in regards to any alleged sorcery deaths. 

His statement was in response to the increasing number of sorcery related deaths in the country.

Secretary Kalinoe emphasized that more educational awareness was needed to drive this message.

He made mention of the Sorcery National Action Plan (SNAP) which stands to identify an organized national response towards sorcery and sorcery related killings.