Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey charged with sexual assault in Massachusetts

He will appear in court on 7 January over the incident, which allegedly occurred in Nantucket in July 2016.

On Monday, Mr Spacey posted a video in which he appears to deny any wrongdoing while in character as Frank Underwood from House of Cards.

"I'm certainly not going to pay the price for the things I didn't do," he says in the clip.

"You wouldn't believe the worst without evidence, would you?" he asks. "You wouldn't rush to judgements without facts."

LA prosecutors drop sexual assault charge against Kevin Spacey

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office said the alleged incident was outside California's statute of limitations.

Officials confirmed in April that an allegation involving Mr Spacey and an incident with a man in West Hollywood in 1992 was being investigated.

Another case concerning an alleged incident in 2016 remains under review.

A number of allegations of sexual misconduct have been made against the Oscar-winning actor since last November, when he was accused by actor Anthony Rapp of making a sexual advance in 1986.

House of Cards filming to resume - without Kevin Spacey

The hit Netflix show was forced to take a break following the claims and Spacey has now been dropped from the show.

Pauline Micelli, senior vice president at the show's studio, Media Rights Capital, recently wrote to staff to say its hiatus was being extended.

But production is expected to begin again on 8 December.

Netflix previously announced it "will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey".

'Loyal and talented'

Kevin Spacey: UK police investigate sexual assault claim

The Sun newspaper said a man, aged 23 at the time, made a complaint on Tuesday about the alleged incident in the London borough of Lambeth.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed that they are investigating an alleged assault on a man from 2008.

They would not confirm the allegation was made against House of Cards actor and double Oscar winner Spacey.

Spacey said on Thursday that he is seeking treatment after facing allegations of sexual misconduct from a string of men.

No arrests

Kevin Spacey faces more sexual harassment allegations

Roberto Cavazos, an actor who worked at a London theatre where Spacey was artistic director between 2004 and 2015, says he had encounters with the Hollywood star at the time "that verged on what you could call harassment".

The House of Cards star has publicly apologised to another actor, Anthony Rapp, who accused him of trying to seduce him in 1986 when he was 14, saying he did not remember the incident but that if it happened it was "deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour".

House of Cards falls after Kevin Spacey molestation allegation - report

The 58-year-old apologised after Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp, now aged 46, revealed he was sexually assaulted at Spacey's apartment in 1986, when the pair were both working on Broadway play Precious Sons.

Rapp says Spacey, then 26, picked him up and carried him to bed after a party at the residence, in what he believed was an attempt to "seduce" him. He is then alleged to have lay on top of Rapp, leaving him trying - ultimately successfully - to "squirm away".