Hygiene complaints about takeaways and kaibars

Complaints have been received from many people that the Provincial Environmental Health Office and health inspectors are not conducting regular inspections.

The recent purchase from an Asian owned supermarket at Kapiura by a health worker revealed maggot infested flour which was cooked and caused food poisoning.

The public in Kimbe are calling for health inspectors to check all fast food outlets to ensure food preparation and cooking is done safely and according to the Health and Sanitation Act of the country.