Boas replaces Lachlan Lam who has been released to begin pre-season training with 2018 NRL premiers Sydney Roosters.
Stanford Talita, who was added onto the squad with fellow PNG U23 Residents Edwin Ipape and Woods Kawage, was forced to withdraw to focus on his studies. Talita has been replaced by Nima.
The arrivals of Tom Butterfield today (Monday) and Nene Macdonald tomorrow (Tuesday) will complete the squad for game one against England Knights in Lae on Saturday, 27 October. The team for game one will be announced in Lae on Thursday.
James Segeyaro and Kyle Laybutt will join the squad early next week for game two in Port Moresby on Saturday 3 November.
The PNG LNG Kumuls 20-man squad (in alphabetical order) is:
1. Ase Boas - PNG Hunters
2. Brandon Nima (Debutant) - Goroka Lahanis
3. David Mead (C) - Catalans Dragons
4. Dilbert Isaac (D) - PNG Hunters
5. Edwin Ipape (D) - Lae Snax Tigers
6. Enock Maki - PNG Hunters
7. James Segeyaro - Cronulla Sharks
8. Junior Rau - PNG Hunters
9. Justin Olam - Melbourne Storm
10. Kyle Laybutt - Nth Qld Cowboys
11. Moses Meninga - PNG Hunters
12. Nene Macdonald - St George Illawarra Dragons
13. Nixon Putt - PNG Hunters
14. Rhadley Brawa - PNG Hunters
15. Stanton Albert - PNG Hunters
16. Tommy Butterfield - East Tigers
17. Watson Boas - PNG Hunters
18. Wellington Albert - Widnes Viking
19. Woods Kawage (D) - Enga Mioks
20. Zev John (D) - Melbourne Storm
Coach Michael Marum said the team travels to Lae on Wednesday to prepare for the 1st game against England Knights at 3pm this Saturday at the Lae Rugby League ground.