​Negligence caused HB fire: Report

Investigative findings into the Hanuabada fire incident, released by the fire service department, have revealed that the fire was caused by negligence.

“The fire may have started through carelessness or accidentally,” acting Chief of Fire Service, Bill Roo, stated this during a media conference this morning.

He told the media that based on witness statements and findings, fire investigators have identified where the fire started.

However, conclusively they could not say what exactly started the fire because most of the evidence were completely destroyed due to the intensity of the fire.

Roo further stated that they have ruled out electricity and arson as sources of ignition as there wasn’t a power source in the room that they could identify.

“The owners were in the building (house) when the fire started,” Roo said.

He stated that after eliminating electricity and arson as the source of ignition, an opinion formed by his officers concluded that the fire may have started through carelessness.

“Someone may have left an ignition source unattended and that is the conclusion that we have reached.”

He added that the fire spread quickly through the rest of the house because of how close the buildings were situated as well as the materials used to build the houses.

(Loop file pic)

Annette Kora
Breaking News