​3 from 2012 elections contesting Bougainville Provincial

Only three candidates from the 2012 National Elections are contesting the Bougainville Provincial seat against six others this year.

Joe Lera, the sitting MP, as well as Kapeatu Puaria and Jimmy Mose are the only three candidates from the 2012 elections to vie for the seat again.

Puaria finished fourth while Mose finished 11th out of 13 candidates.

The runners up to Lera in 2012, Ishmael Toroama (2nd) and Fidelis Semoso (3rd), have not nominated to contest, as well as 10 others.

Lera was declared winner of the Bougainville Provincial Seat after tallying 13,400 votes, with a first preference of 17.4 percent and a combined second and third preference of 34.1 percent, with a total of 51.5 percent.

Only eight candidates are contesting the seat this year.

No female candidate has nominated, despite three contesting the last election.

Below is the list of candidates with the box numbers as well as party affiliation.

10 JOHN SANIA - SPP

11 JOHN KEN KALOKALO - PPP

12 ANDREW KAMOU MIRIKI - SDP

13 JOE LERA - URP

14 EDWIN MOSES - IND

15 ALBERT TORO  - IND

16 KAPEATU PUARIA - PNGP

17 JIMMIE ELIJAH MOSE - IND

18 PATRICK NISIRA – NA

Author: 
Cedric Patjole