Chairman of the Organising Committee and Koroba MP Philip Undialu in a statement said late Governor Agiru’s funeral program was deferred to next week because the people wanted the government to look into some of their commitments.
“The reason being that the Hela people petitioned the National Government to look into some major issues our late Governor has being pursuing before he passed away,” says Undialu.
The issues are;
- The 4.27 % Equity;
- Funding for Nipa -Tari road sealing (Contract awarded)
- Funding for Halimbu - Nogoli road sealing (Contract awarded);
- Funding for Nogoli - Komo road sealing (contact awarded);
- Halimbu - Koroba - Kelabo Rd sealing (Tender process not complete);
- Hela Headquarters Building (contract awarded and under construction); and
- Tari Hospital.
Undialu said the petition will be formally handed over to Prime Minister today.
Meanwhile, all programs were deferred until further advice.
The full program will be published in the local media this week.