Complaints have been received from many people that the Provincial Environmental Health Office and health inspectors are not conducting regular inspections.
The recent purchase from an Asian owned supermarket at Kapiura by a health worker revealed maggot infested flour which was cooked and caused food poisoning.
The public in Kimbe are calling for health inspectors to check all fast food outlets to ensure food preparation and cooking is done safely and according to the Health and Sanitation Act of the country.
At a new ‘mini’ supermarket at Nahavio fly traps were used on the food warmers and staff serving were not clean, and were using dirty utensils and uncovered hands when serving ice cream to customers.
Further information will be obtained from the Health Office on the number of inspections and the findings from the inspections to be circulated for public consumption after public servants resume work this month.