Immigration and Border Security Minister

18 refugees leave for US

“The 18 refugees have gone through an independent screening process carried out by the US Department of Homeland Security and were successful. We wish them well as they rebuild their lives in the United States,” said Minister Thomas.

The departure of this 18 refugees yesterday morning has brought to total 218 who have moved to the US since the first batch departed on September 2017.

Fourth batch of refugees fly to US

The fourth batch left Port Moresby for the US on Tuesday morning, says Immigration and Border Security Minister Petrus Thomas.

The departure of the 18 refugees brings the total to 102 refugees so far being resettled in the United States.

The first three batch of 84 refugees who have already resettled in the United States.

“I am happy for this group of refugees to be moving on with their lives in the United States," said Minister Thomas.