Anthony Joshua

Joshua and Fury agree two fight deal

The discussions over an undisputed world heavyweight title showdown between the two fighters began in early May and they have now agreed on initial terms for two encounters.

Joshua holds the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belts, while Fury is the reigning WBC champion.

"We're making great progress," Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports News. "There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates.

"We have the Dillian Whyte mandatory which is due before this fight.

Joshua joins Black Lives Matter march

Joshua, one of Britain's highest-profile sportsmen, joined a march through the streets of his home town of Watford on Sunday (NZ time)before gathering in a park where he recited a poem written by a friend.

"The virus has been declared a pandemic," Joshua said. "This is out of control. And I'm not talking about Covid-19. The virus I'm talking about is called racism."

Hearn promises Fury-Joshua fight, but fears Wilder rematch first

Fury captured the WBC belt in Las Vegas on Saturday with a seventh-round stoppage of Wilder and attention immediately turned to a unification bout with Joshua.

The WBA, WBO and IBF titles all belong to Joshua after he avenged his shock loss to Andy Ruiz Jr. with a points win in Saudi Arabia in December and Hearn has said Fury is the man his fighter wants next.

When Wilder was the WBC champion, a fight with Joshua proved too complicated to arrange, yet Hearn sees no issue now Fury is the belt-holder.

AJ fight set to be at Spurs' home

Saudi Arabia hosted Joshua's previous outing, the heavyweight regaining the IBF, WBA and WBO titles with a unanimous points win in his rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr in December.

Having avenged the only defeat of his professional career at the end of last year, the 30-year-old is now keen for a homecoming in 2020.

His last bout on English soil was back in September 2018, when he stopped Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium. The initial encounter with Ruiz took place in New York the following June, at the famous Madison Square Garden.

Joshua could face Fury or Wilder

Joshua regained his WBA, IBF and WBO belts from Andy Ruiz Jr in December in a heavyweight rematch contested in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia.

While Joshua's next fight is set to be against Kubrat Pulev, the Briton's promoter Hearn has talked up the possibility of a meeting with the victor of Fury-Wilder II, which takes place in Las Vegas on February 22, later in 2020.

Tyson Fury, who will be co-promoted by Top Rank

Two-time IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua made the surprise offer to his fellow Briton while assessing the landscape in his division during an interview with Sky Sports News.

Fury climbed off the canvas twice as he boxed to a thrilling draw against Wilder 12 months ago and Joshua believes he can prevail in the rematch.

The preparation is something Joshua suggested he would like to play an active role in, to set up a blockbuster showdown for all the major heavyweight belts.

Joshua explains Ruiz remark

Heavyweight Joshua suffered a shock loss – the first of his professional career – at the hands of replacement opponent Ruiz back in June.

In the build-up to their title rematch in Saudi Arabia on December 7, the Brit sought to clarify remarks he made that appeared to suggest Ruiz got lucky with the punch that settled matters first time around.

Whyte v Wach added to undercard

The Briton beat Oscar Rivas on points in July but was later stripped of his WBC interim heavyweight title and status as mandatory challenger to champion Deontay Wilder by the sanctioning body.

That came after it was reported the 31-year-old had tested positive for a banned substance before the bout in a test administered by the UK Anti-Doping Agency.

However, he is clear to fight in Saudi Arabia on December 7 against Poland's Wach.

Joshua predicts 'iconic' night in December rematch with Ruiz Jr

Heavyweight Joshua is aiming to reclaim the IBF, WBA and WBO titles after suffering a shock loss - the first of his professional career - at the hands of replacement opponent Ruiz back in June.

Having dropped his rival earlier in the round, the Briton was sensationally floored in the third. He was also knocked down twice in the seventh, leading to the contest being stopped.

Andy Ruiz Jr plans long reign

Ruiz shocked the world by unseating the British heavyweight in June, with Joshua delivering an underwhelming performance at Madison Square Garden.

The WBA, IBF and WBO and belts will again be on the line for the December 7 rematch, which is controversially being held in Saudi Arabia, and Ruiz will not give them up easily.