Unlike the Under 16 challenge on September 11 where NGI proved to be the dominant side, the Northern confederate this time came out strong in their matches at the National Football Stadium.
The 2018 National Schools Rugby League Championship continued today where Highlands Confederate defeated Southern 32-6.
Northern took on NGI in a tough encounter but the former managed to gain the upper hand with a 4-point margin win.
In round two, NGI defeated Highlands 4-0, while Southern lost to Northern 6-32.
To conclude their division’s tournament, the U18 boys awards from the 2018 National Schools Rugby League Championship went to:
- Best Back- Joshua Lao (Northern)
- Best Forward- Moses Sonk (NGI)
- Player of the Tournament- Nicky Aure (Highlands)
Meantime in yesterday’s U16 tournament, the NGI Confederate were crowned winners of the 2018 championship.
The NGI boys finished undefeated, recording 32 points in all their three rounds.
The U16 boys division awards from the 2018 National Schools Rugby League Championship went to:
- Top Try Scorer- Keith Uramete (NGI Zone)
- Best Back- Walter Benjamin (NGI Zone)
- Best Forward- Max Yoko (Highlands Zone)
- Player of the Tournament- Mark Alunga (NGI Zone)
Meanwhile, the girls Open division will run on Thursday, September 13th.
(Northern Confederate U18 boys – Picture: PNGRFL)