Nikorima has been left out of the Broncos side to play South Sydney tomorrow with Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold saying he needed time to ponder his future.
Seibold has said he couldn't guarantee the out of form Nikorima a future at the NRL club beyond 2020.
An announcement on Nikorima's early release from the Broncos is believed to be imminent and Kearney confirmed the Warriors had offered Nikorima a four year deal from 2020 but Brisbane appear ready to let him go sooner although Kearney was sensitive about discussing Nikorima's immediate future.
"Whatever happens this year or (in the future) that's in the (Broncos and Kodi Nikorima's agent) hands and that's all I need to say about that," said Kearney.
"I'm happy to talk about Sunday's match and who's available and who's not available but that's all I have to say on the (Nikorima) matter."
Senior Warriors players have dismissed concerns about Nikorima's patchy form for Brisbane saying his arrival at the club would be a "great buy".
"I think it genuinely is going to be a great buy for the club," said hooker Isaac Luke.
Kearney was happier to talk about the NRL conceding a refereeing error effectively cost his side a win over the Melbourne Storm last week.
The NRL's head of football Graham Annesley said earlier this week that the referees made an error in awarding Melbourne a decisive penalty in the Storm's 13-12 win.
While frustrated Kearney said it's good the NRL can admit the mistake "which wasn't always the way in the past."
"I get that everyone makes mistake but in that situation it was pretty tough to take given the circumstances of the game but you've got to live with it and I am hoping that we get a couple of those (decisions going our way) in the near future.