Opposition Leader Patrick Pruaitch, when making the announcement today, said the revamped Shadow Cabinet represented a mix of experienced political leaders and talented Papua New Guineans who were successful in the 2017 general election.
"The Alliance will challenge the O'Neill Government in Parliament and the public arena on two fronts — poor economic mismanagement, policy formulation and implementation and secondly, massive levels of ongoing corruption and waste," Pruaitch said.
"This Government continues to face cash flow problems even though its annual revenue far surpasses that of any previous government in our history.
"Only corruption and misappropriation on a large scale can explain this discrepancy."
The Shadow Cabinet includes South Bougainville MP, Timothy Masiu, as Deputy Opposition Leader and Shadow Minister for National & Intergovernmental Relations & Bougainville Affairs;
- Member for Kavieng, Ian Ling-Stuckey, will cover Economic, Fiscal and Financial Management, as Shadow Minister for Treasury and Finance;
- Member for Vanimo-Green, Belden Namah, will cover Physical Infrastructure and takes in the Shadow portfolios of Transport, Civil Aviation and Works & Implementation;
- Member for Rabaul, Dr. Allan Marat, will focus on Global and Regional Affairs as the Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs & Trade & APEC, as well as Immigration and Border Protection;
- Member for Maprik, John Simon, will cover Business and Private Sector Investment as Shadow Minister for Commerce & Industry and Labour & Industrial Relations;
- Member for North Fly, James Donald, covers Renewable Resources as Shadow Minister for Agriculture & Livestock; Fisheries and Forestry;
- Member for Kandrian-Gloucester, Joseph Lelang, covers Development Planning as Shadow Minister for National Planning & Monitoring and Rural Development;
- Member for Huon Gulf, Ross Seymour, will cover Non-Renewable Resources as Shadow Minister for Mining and Petroleum & Energy;
- Member for Madang, Bryan Kramer, covers Institutional Reform, Capacity Building and State Enterprises, as Shadow Minister for Public Service; Public Enterprises & State Investments;
- Member for Wosera-Gawi, Joseph Yopyyopi, covers Health, Social Wealth and Community Development as Shadow Minister for Health & HIV/AIDS; Sports and Religion, Youth & Community Development;
- Member for Wabag, Dr Lino Tom, covers Education, Innovation, Knowledge and Skills Industry as Shadow Minister for Education; Higher Education, Science & Technology; Information, Communication & Technology;
- Member for Kairuku-Hiri, Peter Isoaimo, covers Land Reform and Land Utilisation & Culture as Shadow Minister for Lands & Physical Planning; Housing & Urbanisation and Culture & Tourism;
- Member for Samarai-Murua, Isi Leonard, covers Environment & Sustainable Biodiversity as Shadow Minister for Environment Conservation & Climate Change; and
- Member for Namatanai, Walter Schnaubelt, will be the whip for the alternate government.
Pruaitch said under his leadership, the Opposition will expose economic mismanagement by the O'Neill Government, which he believes will continue because of the 2017 Supplementary Budget and anticipated excesses in next month's 2018 budget.