The Opposition last week gave documents of what it claimed was a fraudulent land purchase to OC to investigate Defence Minister Fabian Pok and State Owned Enterprise Minister William Duma.
Both Ministers voluntary stepped aside on Monday to allow for the Commission of Inquiry to conduct investigations into the land purchase for the relocation of PNGDF establishments out of Port Moresby.
“I went and gave the Ombudsman the full documents, knowing well that the Ombudsman Commission does not have the full capacity, I did my job,” said the Opposition Leader.
“I don’t expect them to do it speedily although they will give their utmost priority because they do not have the (capacity).”
The Opposition Leader said there are only two ombudsmen and the Chief Ombudsman is only acting.
“I have been talking about this for the last 5 years, and the appointment of a Chief Ombudsman has never taken place and I do not think it will take place,” Polye said.
He claimed the PM, as the chairman of the Ombudsman Commission, is giving minor attention to it because of personal interest.
In a statement, Acting Chief Ombudsman Michael Dick said, like any other complaint, the OC will assess the complaint through its screening process under both the Leadership Code and the Administrative Complaints functions before determining whether to carry out an investigation or not.