He was sworn in by Acting Governor General, Job Pomat, at Government House.
The Chief Justice was accompanied by his nominee to the SRC, Justice Stephen Kassman, and members of the Parliamentary legal staff.
The Chief Justice is one of the six official members of the SRC, which also include the Prime Minister, Opposition Leader, the Speaker of Parliament, Secretary of the Department of Personnel Management and Secretary of the Department of Labour and Industrial Relations.
Each official member nominates another member to join the SRC bringing to a total of 12 members.
The current SRC includes:
- Speaker Job Pomat (Currently Acting Governor General) as Chairman with the Deputy Speaker, Jeffrey Kamal, as nominee
- Chief Justice Sir Gibbs Salika and his nominee, Justice Stephen Kassman
- Prime Minister Peter O’Neill and his nominee, Sir Puka Temu
- Opposition Leader, Patrick Pruaitch and his nominee Ian Ling-Stuckey
- Acting Secretary of the Department of Personnel Management, Taies Sansan, (nominee vacant)
- Secretary of the Department of Labour and Industrial Relations (nominee vacant)
(From left: Justice Stephen Kassman, Acting Governor General, Job Pomat and Chief Justice Sir Gibbs Salika)