The restaurant, a popular family hangout in Port Moresby, said it reached out to relevant authorities and suppliers as soon as it received complaints from the public.
The restaurant believes this incident is unrelated to food preparation standards.
It claims to be working with the Health Department on two possible causes of these incidents: the quality of a product purchased from an external supplier; or an airborne virus.
Loop PNG is still trying to get in touch with the NCD Health Services.
The restaurant came under social media spotlight from customers and the public when many shared their ordeal after eating there.
Many families who celebrated Mother’s Day at Sizzler’s Family Restaurant spent the next few days in the hospital or bed-ridden.
As investigations continue, the management of the Gateway Hotel & Apartments says it will provide all the necessary information to the Health Department to assist with this investigation and maintain communications with the medical centres and the customers on their progress.
“Again, while we deeply regret any discomfort that this may have caused our loyal customers, we’re committed to working with the Health Department to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. We will also be communicating directly with our affected customers once this investigation has been finalised to the satisfaction of the Health Department,” Sizzler’s said in a second statement released.
A further update will be given once the investigation has been completed by the health department today or tomorrow at the latest.
In the meantime, Sizzler is continuing to operate and claims to have addressed any possible areas of concern with due diligence.