The meeting which took place on March 31st was well attended by 18 Member organisations and included representatives from the Australian High Commission and the International Finance Corporation.
The meeting, chaired by the Business Coalition Chair Lesieli Taviri welcomed the attendees and presented the BCFW 2015 Highlights.
The AGM was the first since the Coalition established its In-house Secretariat in February 2015. Some of the milestones of 2015 were:
· Inaugural Executive Director and Administration Assistant hired in early 2015 following 1 year of IFC running the Secretariat;
· Resources for PNG businesses to address family and sexual violence (FSV) launched with a televised panel of CEOs and General Managers, hosted by EMTV news anchor and broadcast on EMTV news and TVWan (August 2015)
· Pilot training and implementation support for the BCFW model policy on FSV underway with NCS and Steamships, expected completion June 2016;
· Report and workplace tools on Safety for Women in Remote Worksites completed with pilot training and implementation support beginning in May with 3 member companies;
· Flagship BCFW Certificate IV Business Management and Leadership course developed, launched, and delivered, targeting high potential women in member companies;
· 13 workshops, seminars and events hosted by BCFW in 2015 with over 260 participants from the PNG business community.
The BCFW 2015 Highlights Presentation was then followed by presentations from Treasurer Lynn Walsh with the Finance Report then the Executive Director Leonora Morgan spoke on the BCFW Priorities and Objectives for 2016.
Counsellor Gender and Sport Australian High Commission Susan Ferguson talked about the ongoing partnership of the Australian High Commission with BCFW, and Patron Lady Winifred Kamit who reflected on the profile of BCFW, and the history of women’s leadership and gender equality in Papua New Guinea.
Both Ms Susan Ferguson and Lady Winifred Kamit conveyed the importance of the work of the Business Coalition in enhancing Gender Equality as a globally innovative initiative.