Sad News: The Rock's puppy died after eating a toxic mushroom

If you're a dog owner, you've probably gone through the painful experience of having your beloved, four-legged companion go off into doggie heaven.

Sometimes, Fido leaves way too soon, as was the case with The Rock's adorable French Bulldog puppy, Brutus.

On Monday night, the action star and his girlfriend Lauren Hashian made the decision to pull Brutus off life support and put him to sleep after he fell ill from eating a toxic mushroom. If you will recall, Brutus was the same pup The Rock bravelyrescued over Labor Day weekend. 

"We'll always love you Brutus ... and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute," The Rock wrote in the heartfelt caption.