The commitments are to be implemented within the three-year term of the revised mining memorandum of agreement (MOA) signed last week.
The commitment has been broken down into the following infrastructure projects:
- Tolukuma Highway (Baikoidu – Tolukuma) – K1.5 million
- Tolukuma Resource Centre – K100,000
- Mondo Community School – K1.5 million
- Woitape LLG Council Chamber – K200,000
- Tolukuma Primary School upgrade – K400,000
Chan also said previous MOAs did not contain any commitments but under the current government, they have ensured to do so.
The revised Tolukuma MOA was signed by all stakeholders except Tolukuma (Yulai) Landowner Association Chairman, George Gusi, over claims there remains outstanding issues.
The MRA has pledged to address the issues with him.